Following a resolution by the Texas Department of Public Safety – Public Safety Commission, The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, the Texas Department of Public Safety Foundation, and the Texas Ranger Foundation Association have been recognized and are designated Texas Ranger 2023, Inc. as their respective representative regarding the Texas Ranger Bicentennial celebration.
Texas' Leading Law Enforcement Organizations Come Together To Plan & Commemorate the Texas Ranger Bicentennial In 2023
The “Texas Ranger 2023” goals:
- Commemorate the 200 years of service the Texas Rangers have given the citizens and the State of Texas.
- Educate the Public
- Recruitment Opportunity for the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Raise Funds
The funds raised from Texas Ranger 2023 go to five important categories:
- The DPS Memorial – a tribute to fallen Rangers and DPS Troopers. Learn More
- A mobile Texas Ranger museum with approximately 1,200 sf of exhibit space. Learn More
- The Scholarship fund for children of active Rangers and the Ranger relief fund for active and retired Rangers. Learn More
- Scholarships & Ranger Relief – TEXAS RANGER BICENTENNIAL™ 2023
- The Texas Ranger Association Foundation works to support our active Texas Rangers by providing scholarships to the children of active duty Rangers who plan to attend or are attending colleges, universities or accredited trade schools.
- The costs related to the events for 2023. Donate Now!
THE DPS MEMORIAL
“We have an obligation and responsibility to law enforcement, to families, to the State of Texas to do the very best we can to honor and recognize those individuals who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, and for us to not do that would be an injustice.”
Lt. Col. (Ret.) Lamar Beckwith, Texas Department of Public Safety
Construction is underway for the DPS Memorial
The Sunset Red Quarry in Marble Falls